Aeris A300CS patches [V3]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Oct 11 19:37:22 PDT 2014

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 10:25:46PM -0400, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> BTW: your patches are completely unusable. I recommend against pushing
> them as they are and claiming A300CS support. At least not with my SOB
> line.
>
> I have 27 dives on my A300CS. The download has been running for 15 minutes
> now. We're on dive 6. No, you cannot simply say "oh, the A300CS supports
> B1, let's force using that". This turns a perfectly usable dive computer
> which downloads half a dozen dives in under 10 seconds into a completely
> unusable piece of garbage that takes forever to download a day's worth of
> diving.

Oh CRUD. So after about 20 minutes the download finished with only eight
dives downloaded. WTH? This $1000 dive computer (at 2sec sample rate) can
store only about 9-10h worth of dive data, or in my case 8 dives.

That is so beyond ridiculous. But it also means that I can no longer
download the dives where I pretended to have 2 or 3 cylinders. I did that
earlier this week and hadn't bothered to download them, yet, as I wanted
to make sure that I actually have the time to work on the data. Diving is
over for this trip...

Aeris, you suck.

I couldn't believe this was true, so I switched back to my branch and
re-downloaded. Took maybe half a minute and gave me the same eight dives...

/D