Aeris A300CS patches [V2]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Oct 2 09:35:41 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 08:18:58AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> > So it seems that the old B1 command is still working, and without any
> > DTR/RTS changes. You told me none of that worked for you, so I wonder what
> > is going on here.
>
> That's strange. I kept trying B1 and couldn't get it to work on mine.
> I will try again with my latest build to see if this was some weird cross
> dependency on other changes that I made...
> If B1 does work I can completely get rid of the cache, so that would be
> nice.

Oh FUN. I think I now get it. Using B1 appears to be much more timing
sensitive than B8 on the A300CS that I have access to.

Specifically, in my setup my first attempt to use B1 almost always fails a
couple of times (but the algorithm then simply retries and eventually
succeeds). I almost never see failures with B8.

The way I tested things initially I saw the failures and didn't retry but
assumed (looking at the trace of what the Aeris software does, which
ALWAYS uses B8) that I should try B8... and that worked. And then when I
tried B1 again at a later point, it once again failed and I figured they
had removed this. Turns out that I'm wrong.

This is excellent news. I can rip out a big chunk of the new code that I
wrote :-)

/D