Puck 2 download error

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Thu Oct 2 07:34:03 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-30 15:15, Richard Fuchs wrote:
> I have a Mares Puck (Puck 2 model) that I've previously successfully
> downloaded dives from, in fact I downloaded dives just a few days ago.
> But downloading the most recent dives fails with the following error at
> the very end:
>
> Event: model=31 (0x0000001f), firmware=0 (0x00000000), serial=102663
> (0x00019107)
> ERROR: Calculated and stored size are not equal. [in mares_iconhd.c:519
> (mares_iconhd_extract_dives)]
>
> And no dives come across. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I suspect you are experiencing a bug that was fixed recently (21
August). If that's indeed correct, then the application you are using
has an older libdivecomputer build.

Can you send me a libdivecomputer memory dump and logfile to check? If
you are using subsurface, there are two options for that in the download
dialog. If you're using another application, download the "universal"
libdivecomputer test application here:

http://www.libdivecomputer.org/builds/

And run it with these options:

universal -v -l iconhd.log -m iconhd.bin -b iconhd <serialport>

where you replace <serialport> with the correct serial port.

Jef