Roadmap for the v0.5 release

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Sun Nov 30 23:59:18 PST 2014

Hi,

I originally planned to release version 0.5 around the end of September.
Looks like I've been a bit optimistic there. Anyway, instead of
committing on a new deadline, I'll just give an overview of all the
things that are in the pipeline.

First of all, there are 4 completely new backends in development:

  * Suunto EON steel (done)
  * Citizen Hyper Aqualand (done)
  * Cochran Commander and EMC
  * Divesystem Orca and iDive

There are also a few other new features being worked on:

  * Firmware updater for the HW OSTC3 and OSTC Sport
  * A more modular example application
  * Regular bugfixes here and there

So these are the things I would like to finish first.

There has been some discussion about a string based api, but I would
like to postpone that after the v0.5 release. I might already consider
adding a string based variant of the devinfo event (for the serial
number and firmware version), but that will depend on how well
everything else on my todo list goes.

Jef