Patches to add basic support for the Suunto EON Steel

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Fri Nov 21 02:39:06 PST 2014

On 2014-11-13 16:33, Jef Driesen wrote:
> On 2014-11-04 00:22, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:18:20AM +0100, Jef Driesen wrote:
>>> So how do we proceed next? Do I take your code and integrate the
>>> logging and
>>> msvc stuff myself?
>>
>> Yep, I think that sounds like a reasonable next step.
>
> I have finished the necessary changes. I have kept everything as
> separate patches. So if Linus doesn't like them, they'll they have my
> name attached :-)
>
> The last three patches are bugfixes, and are not related to some
> windows or msvc problem. The last one is still a bit work-in-progress.
> The memory leaks are gone, but I still need to check whether I didn't
> break anything else by accident.
>
> @Linus: Can you have a look? You know the code better than I do.

I have one specific question about the type_desc array. It seems it's
only populated, but never used for anything. Is this some leftover from
earlier prototyping, or is this something that should be kept?

The reason why I'm asking is that instead of trying to fix the memory
leaks, I could also just remove this code (see attached patch).

Once that's clarified and fixed, I'll push the eonsteel backend to the
repository. There are still a few features missing, like the fingerprint
support, but that's something we can always address later.

Jef