Patches to add basic support for the Suunto EON Steel

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Nov 1 11:29:59 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Linus Torvalds
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:
>
>> Proper integration with the libdivecomputer logging functions.
>
> I'll take a look, today has been Linux work for me (and will be
> halloween later).

Ok, here's a re-send of the libdivecomputer patches (no change to the
subsurface part, so I'm not resending that patch). The two
DC_FIELD_STRING patches haven't really changed, but they aren't
identical either, due to changes around them.

This - once again - squashed all the changes into one "EON Steel
support patch": your three patches and the change to use the
libdivecomputer ERROR() function. It's still wrapped with the
"report_error()" function due to return value issues (returning
DC_STATUS_SUCCESS on error? That's just odd, but regardless, the
internal EON steel functions return number of bytes transmitted etc,
so the enums just wouldn't work even if they were actually error
numbers),.

If you'd prefer an incremental diff instead, just holler. But I
rebased on top of your tree, and you hadn't applied the patches, so I
was assuming you want a clean resend.

                         Linus