NitekQ sample logs...

William Perry wmperry at kadath.us
Mon Mar 24 05:09:08 PDT 2014

On Feb 3, 2014, at 7:58 AM, William Perry <wmperry at kadath.us> wrote:

> Sorry, not sure how I read *.bin in your original message.  Here is the sample dive that came on the unit.  Hoping to hear from the other ice-certified folks at the shop this week about hopping under sometime soon.  Will try to at least get some pool dives in the next week or two.
>
> -Bill
> <0000099F_2012-02-22-18-36-40.log>
>
> On Feb 3, 2014, at 2:44 AM, Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2014-02-02 17:12, William Perry wrote:
>>> Cannot seem to find the *.bin files on the mac - I will do another
>>> download under dtruss and see where it might be hiding them.  Failing
>>> that I will fire up a windows VM and grab them that way.  Tried to get
>>> in a few dives with it yesterday but our local quarry has 4-6 inches
>>> of ice covering it and I didn’t have all of my proper gear or buddies
>>> for ice diving.
>>
>> I'm not sure it's a typo, but on my windows XP system (also a VM), they are stored as *.log files, not *.bin files. I have no idea if the Mac version of the Workbench is different in that regard. It's a java application, so I suspect not.
>>
>>> When I do get to throw it in the water, would it help if I did some
>>> dives in metric and some in imperial?
>>
>> Yes, that would help. I have some mixed metric/imperial dives on my nitek, but for some reason I'm unable to download it with the workbench application. It just doesn't detect the device. I only got it to download dives once. That one transfer happened to be enough to reverse engineer the protocol. But now I need those workbench files to find the metric/imperial flag. That's the last missing piece of information at the moment.

Sorry for the delay — here is a set of 10 dives from my recent trip to the bahamas.  Should be an ascent alarm in there for the 7th dive, not sure if the nitek keeps those.  The ‘Washing Machine’ drift dive really throws you around in the half-pipe between those islands.  I had done some dives in metric, but did not realize the nitek only stored 10 dives so they fell off the end during the trip.

-Bill