can't download Oceanic VT3 on linux

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Wed Mar 12 03:02:56 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-12 01:20, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On 12/03/14 10:57, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> Sounds like some other timing difference between Linux and Windows.
>> Maybe Jef can make sense to the logs (and do you have logs with timing
>> from windows for Jef to compare?)
>>
> Here's a log from Windows. There appears to be a whole lot less timing
> precision so it's a bit hard to compare, other than noting the absence
> of NAKs from the VT3.

That's due to the limited precision (in the order of several tens of
milliseconds) of the Windows GetTickCount() function. Try with the
attached patch instead, which uses the QueryPerformanceCounter()
function instead. That's the same function I'm using for the half-duplex
timing. There is a pre-build binary here:

http://www.libdivecomputer.org/builds/experimental/windows/universal-timings.exe

Jef