can't download Oceanic VT3 on linux

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Mar 11 16:57:46 PDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:

> I'm indeed running Debian "bat shit crazy", previously 3.2.0. I've updated
> to 3.12.9 just now and I don't see any change in downloading from the VT3
> though.
>
> 3.12.9 was the latest I had easy access to from Debian packages; I can build
> from source if you think a later version might help though.

No, 3.12.9 is quite reasonable (in a way that 3.2 is not). There
haven't been any ftdi changes in this area since, afaik.

Sounds like some other timing difference between Linux and Windows.
Maybe Jef can make sense to the logs (and do you have logs with timing
from windows for Jef to compare?)

               Linus