Help needed decoding data

John Van Ostrand john at vanostrand.com
Fri Jun 27 14:46:13 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I've been staring at and playing with this data for a week now and I don't
feel any closer to deciphering the dive profile sample data from my Cochran
EMC-20H.

Personally I love a challenge like this and I'm hoping some of you do as
well because this one is tough. Instead of digging into a good book this
weekend why not sit back with a laptop or tablet and this puzzle.

You'll find everything you need at the link below. I've removed the
mundanely easy work from this puzzle. Included are binary files, annotated
hexdumps to illustrate the data and some programs to extract and display
data (don't judge, these are quick and dirty programs.) Start with the
README and you'll be into the fun part within minutes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-VD5cn7zgGHN1pVRWpib2pJc0k/edit?usp=sharing

--
John Van Ostrand
At large on sabbatical