Help needed decoding data

Artur Wroblewski wrobell at pld-linux.org
Wed Jul 2 18:48:51 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 6:39 PM, John Van Ostrand <john at vanostrand.com> wrote:
[...]
> Also, Jeff, I considered that it might be interpolating depth to make 1 sec
> samples so I looked in the vendor's own software for an example of data
> where that couldn't have been the case. I found an example of a "W" shaped
> profile where the depth was up, down, up, down at 1 second intervals. I
> don't know how a two second sample rate and interpolation could produce
> that.

Maybe contents of the publication below could help? In the abstract they mention
depth data recording every 1s (it is just a shot, I have no full access to it).

    http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=968236

Also, I can remember some publication by Thalmann (?) containing source
code snippets for a dive computer software. Cannot find it now. :/

All the publications about US Navy dive computer link Cochran to Thalmann
ideas about dive computers and decompression models (lawyers could
disagree ;), i.e.  see "Physiology and Medicine of Diving" (page 465-466 in
my copy of the book, you can find older version of the chapter at [1], logical
page 463). Also in [2]. Wikipedia might jump you into more publications.

It is all in the context of VVAL18 and whatever your dive computer
uses now is newer,
but I suspect the data logging scheme is probably very similar if not the same.

I hope above will not put you into a wrong direction.

[1] https://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/media/us/samplechapters/9780702025716/9780702025716.pdf
[2] http://archive.rubicon-foundation.org/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/10147/VDC_2012_6.pdf?sequence=1

[...]

Regards,