Switch to msvc 12 (VS 2013) and stop jumping hoops?

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Dec 30 09:56:49 PST 2014

Hi.

I know that Jef cares about msvc compatibility, and thus we are jumping
hoops to try to keep libdivecomputer building with old msvc versions.

As far as i read from the project file, its targeting msvc 9.0 aka
VS 2008 which is quite old. I just had a chat with some friends of mine
who works (fights) with VS on a daily basis, and according to them VS
2013 works quite fine, and is a pretty standard compliant c99 compiler.

Is it intentionally libdivecomputer is targeting msvc 9.0 or can we bump
that version to msvc 12.0 and stop (at least to lesser degree) jumping
hoops for msvc support?

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604