libdivecomputer and Mares Nemo Sport

Thorsten Peter tho_peter at freenet.de
Wed Mar 28 17:21:11 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I tried to get my Mares Nemo Sport (in combination with the Mares Nemo
Sport interface) working using libdivecomputer. Unfortunately I wasn't
able to do so. I have to say that I was able to extract the data from
the computer using Windows and the corresponding Mares tool - so the
hardware should be working fine.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - Lucid Lynx. I've tried with the newest GIT
version, as well as with the latest snapshot from the website. The logs
which I have attached were recorded with the latest snapshot (in the
revision file it says 55a0a3fe0fff5b4b766003a5f09fce027b88572c)

Then I saw on the website that you are looking for any data concerning
the Mares dive computers - and here it is:

EDY.log: command line call was ./edy /dev/ttyUSB0
output.log: command line call was ./universal -b edy /dev/ttyUSB0
output_dParam.log: command line call was ./universal -b edy -d
xmlout.xml /dev/ttyUSB0

The xmlout.xml file during the last call was empty.

Obviously the Nemo Sport computer switches back to normal mode (you have
to set it into PC mode before connecting) if a test runs a long time -
this is why there is no more data in the log files.

If you need any more data I'm ready to support.

Best regards
Thorsten