Suunto Gecko - Year and Nitrox bug?

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Wed Mar 28 16:18:08 UTC 2012

On 03/27/2012 07:52 PM, Björn Spruck wrote:
> Am 27.03.2012 10:33, schrieb Jef Driesen:
>> On 2012-03-26 22:45, Björn Spruck wrote:
>>> Strange behaviour for Nemo Excel. If I readout my dives, they are set to
>>> Nitrox 32 while the internal Logbook shows them as AIR
>>> (which they actually were!). My guess: there is an additional AIR/EAN
>>> flag.
>>
>> It's not unlikely there are bugs in this area. Patches are always
>> welcome.
> hmhm... and I have the next one:
> Suuntu Gecko: Years off by 5, Nitrox not noticed (no gas mix?).

I'm not aware of any Gecko bugs. Since it's a very popular model, I would think
that such obvious errors would have been reported long time ago already. Doesn't
mean there can't be a bug of course :-)

Can you send me a memory dump of your Gecko to confirm the errors? The procedure
is explained here:

http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/contribute.html#memory

Can you also send one for your Mares M1, to check your other patches?

Jef