Mares M1 data format

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Tue Mar 27 08:28:25 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-26 21:47, Björn Spruck wrote:
> I reverse engineered a bit the M1 data format and would like to add
> events like "deco", "slow warning" etc in the data stream.
> Actually the format is similar to other mares computers (nemo), just
> shifted a bit.
> How do I submit patches?

You can send your patches directly to me, or the mailinglist.
Preferably patches generated with 'git format-patch' such that a proper
commit message, author name, etc is already in place. But if you're not
familiar with git, don't worry, I accept plain patches too.

Please note that the events as they exist now, are deprecated and will
be removed in the near future. The current design (which is heavily
biased towards the Suunto's) isn't scalable to the large number of
devices supported by the libdivecomputer library. There is no (final)
replacement design yet, but I'm leaning towards delivering events as raw
binary data (so no information is ever lost) and simply document the
format. See also item #6 on the roadmap:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4EEBBA98.6080606%40telenet.be&forum_name=libdivecomputer-devel

Jef