Error during autoreconf with automake > 1.12

François Boulogne boulogne.f at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 20:17:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

I get this error (code from the git rep.) when I run
autoreconf --install

Unable to build. Failing with error.
[code]configure.ac:21: installing './install-sh'
configure.ac:21: installing './missing'
examples/Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
automake: warnings are treated as errors
/usr/share/automake-1.12/am/ltlibrary.am: warning: 'libdivecomputer.la':
linking libtool libraries using a non-POSIX
/usr/share/automake-1.12/am/ltlibrary.am: archiver requires 'AM_PROG_AR'
in 'configure.ac'
src/Makefile.am:4: while processing Libtool library 'libdivecomputer.la'

It seems that this is due to automake > 1.12. However, I am unable to
fix it since modifying configure.ac seems to do not affect autoreconf.
(I precise I don't really know the autotools, maybe the fix is obvious).

Thank you in advance.

--
François Boulogne.
https://www.sciunto.org