API redesign progress

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Thu Jul 5 15:21:38 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-04 19:10, Artur Wroblewski wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be>
> wrote:
> [...]
>> Now that we are discussing major api improvements, let's also have a
>> look at the sample parsing api.
> [...]
>> What else should we support?
>
> Additionally, my dive computer stores the following on sample level
>
> - gradient factor (of leading tissue)
> - ppO2 (there can be multiple O2 sensors data stored by other
> computers)
> - cns
>
> See also: http://www.heinrichsweikamp.info/read.php?2,8503,8553 - the
> custom
> functions documentation shows what data is stored by OSTC (i.e.
> divisor options
> for temperature, deco, cns, etc).

I think we can consider adding ppO2 to the list of supported types.
It's probably mainly relevant for rebreathers, where the traditional
concept of gas switches doesn't exist and the actual breathing gas
changes continuously. For open circuit and also semi-closed I think,
there is no ppO2 sensor and I assume the value just gets calculated from
the pre-configured gas mix and current depth?

For the other two, I'm not so sure. The gradient factors are very
specific to the decompression model, and cns values can be calculated. I
also don't know any other dive computer that has these.

Jef