Atomic Cobalt

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Dec 26 23:13:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:36:17 -0500, Kurt <postdive at postdive.com> wrote:
> Understood. Not having any more documentation than you supply, I
> offered that information in case 1) it worked, and 2) subsurface
> implementation was suspect.

Let's make sure we keep things separate. Subsurface is a different
project - Jef is doing libdivecomputer which subsurface uses.

> I'm not sure what's going on with winusb/libusb0/libusbk and don't
> really want to know. Atomic is probably using libusb0 because thats
> what libusbdotnet uses and that's that.

Zero of the active developers of subsurface are actually using Windows
machines. I build the binaries because people asked for Windows
binaries, but I have no access to a physical Windows machine most of the
time and only tested it briefly. The same goes for Mac support. It
builds just fine, but I haven't even managed to get working binaries
together (no time). But on the Mac we at least have a couple of
contributors who apper to be using subsurface.

> Oh well, I guess I'll never have a useful dive log for the Atomic on
> the Win platform, MacDive here we come….

Unless you want to get involved and help us make subsurface better on
Windows... contributions and feedback are always welcome. The git tree
contains early draft documentation (currently, once again, mostly
written with the Linux user in mind). We'll be happy to create (with
your help) outstanding Windows documentation that will make it easy for
the non technical person to use subsurface on Windows (and with an
Atomic Cobalt). But without someone stepping up and helping with that,
no, it won't happen.

/D