Atomic Cobalt

Dirk Hohndel dirk at Hohndel.org
Fri Dec 23 20:53:20 UTC 2011

Sorry for top response...

I believe I built the Windows binaries with libusb and a very recent version of libdc.

/D
--
Sent from my phone.
Please excuse the brevity and text prediction errors

Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be> wrote:

On 12/23/2011 07:22 PM, Kurt wrote:
> I have been looking at Subsurface dive log 1.2 which offers to download Atomic Cobalt.
>
> I can't make it work. I suppose that it may not be implemented, or that my bonafide software installation which includes libusb may interfering or incompatible. My installation and connection works fine with the Atomic software.
>
> I can't see any Atomic support in the latest snapshot, so I suppose it is the former. If this is a work in progress I may be of some [not insignificant] help to the implementor(s). If they are interested, get in touch with me.
>
> Perhaps there is Fog in the cockpit and I am doing something wrong?
>
> My platform is Win7/32 and I am entering COM3 as the device. "COM3" works fine with Uwatec.
> The Cobalt is attached and "Connected" (enumerated and recognized by PC)
> I have tried three different firmwares, currently 1.13/1
>
> Is there a special device name or sequence.

Are you compiling subsurface and the libdivecomputer library from source, or are
you using the precompiled packages? I think the precompiled packages are build
without usb support, and thus have no cobalt support.

If you build yourself, make sure to use the latest code from the git repository.
The snapshot on the libdivecomputer website is quite old, and also doesn't have
usb support.

The next thing you have to be aware of is that the libdivecomputer library
requires a different driver than the atomcics application (they are both using
libusb under the hood, but we are using the more recent 1.0 version instead of
the legacy 0.1 version). Instructions for switching between the drivers are
available on the Diving Log website:

http://www.divinglog.de/english/tutorials/cobalt.php

Jef

Write once. Port to many.