Oceanic ProPlus 2

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Tue Dec 6 21:21:01 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 02:46 PM, Steve Boyd wrote:
>> The oceanic data format has a header and trailer block before and after
>> the sample data. The starting and ending tank pressure is stored there. I
>> should have more detailed info somewhere in my notes.
>>
> I couldn't find it in the header.  But the way they seem to steal bits from here
> and bits from there to patch information together I could look a long time and
> still not find it.  I will try looking at the trailer too.  If you could find it
> in your notes that would be super too. ;)

I found this in my notes:

ATOM2 HEADER & FOOTER
--------------------

3A	FF	pressure_begin_lo
3B	FF	pressure_begin_hi

4	FF	maxdepth_lo
5	FF	maxdepth_hi
6	FF	temperature
8	FF	pressure_end_lo
9	FF	pressure_end_hi

First column is the offset from the start of the header/footer and second column
is the byte mask.

>> The goal is to have the data format nicely documented, but I just didn't
>> have time for that so far :-(
>>
> Documentation always seems to be the lowest priority.  I understand completely.

If you figure out more info, let us know. One day it will end up in the
documentation :-)